This year’s RCT Services for Young People’s International Cultural Youth Exchange will be taking place in Wresznia, Poland.
10 young people, aged between 16 and 20, from across Rhondda Cynon Taf will be representing Wales, and travelling with 2 of our Youth Leaders to spend 2 weeks with young people from France, Germany and of course Poland.
All accommodation and food is provided by our hosting organisation, however, there may be some costs towards travel. Further information will be forwarded shortly.
This year’s Project title is “ Become an achiever. Start today.”, and the fortnight will consist of a packed programme of workshops, visits, and activities and of course making new friends.
An amount of preparatory work is needed by the Exchange group in advance of the visit, so we are asking for anyone who is interested in taking part to let us know by FRIDAY 16TH APRIL.
We are asking for the following information, which you are welcome to submit in any format – verbally recorded, on dvd, cd, or in writing:
1. What, if any, involvement have you had in any of the following, and what activities have you undertaken/role have you played?
a. School or Youth Group Committee/Council / Forum
b. Helping in your community / Communities First
c. Youth Inspectors
d. Train the Trainer
f. Volunteering- either at home or overseas
g. Other, eg. Charities, voluntary organisations.
2. How do you feel you have made a difference while being involved with any of the above?
3. How would you benefit from involvement in the International Exchange?
4. Please explain your personal strengths, and what you feel you can bring to the Exchange project.
5. Your name, address, telephone number, email address and date of birth.
A current, valid passport is required.
If you have any questions, please contact Kerry Rees (RCT Team Leader – DofE/Outdoor Education/Exchanges) on 01685 899213 or 07786523915.