Di Resta to race for Force India in 2011

By -
1 Comment

Reigning DTM champion Paul di Resta will partner Adrian Sutil at Force India in 2011, it was confirmed at a press conference in Scotland on Wednesday. Di Resta, who was the team’s third driver during 2010, will take to the grid for the first time at the season-opening Bahrain Grand Prix.

“Last year I became third driver here and good things happened, so here’s hoping we get more good things,” the Scottish driver said during the Glasgow media event. “I’ve not set any ambitions for this year. I want to enjoy it, but Force India have plans and ambitions.”

The 24 year-old learned his race craft in karting at Formula Renault, the Formula Three Euroseries, and DTM, before finally enjoying title-winning success in the ultra-competitive German touring car series in 2010. As Force India’s reserve driver, he took part in eight Friday practice sessions last season and racked up more laps during the winter tests in Abu Dhabi late last year.

Force India also confirmed that 2010 Williams driver Nico Hulkenberg will step into Di Resta’s shoes as their third driver. Hulkenberg enjoyed a successful debut year, scoring pole position at the 2010 Brazilian Grand Prix, but was replaced by Pastor Maldonado for 2011.

It means 2010 Force India racer Vitantonio Liuzzi is left without a confirmed drive for the new season, with just one seat – at HRT – still to be filled.

1 thought on “Di Resta to race for Force India in 2011”

  1. WICIDeditor says:

    That’s great news, I really hope it goes well for Paul this season. That’s crazy that Nico Hulkenberg is their 3rd driver! O well, that’s what happens when you have a poor season.

Comments are closed.


All Articles