However, these complications are now rare in the UK due to the effectiveness of the MMR vaccination.
Public Health Wales are warning that, as cases of measles continue to be reported across Wales, not enough children are being vaccinated to prevent further outbreaks.
- If you are 16 or older, you don’t need parental consent and you can go straight to the doctor
- Talk to your parent or guardian about getting the MMR jab
- Remember measles can kill, the MMR jab could save your life
- Help keep your friends and family safe from measles
MMR doesn’t just protect against measles, it keeps you safe from mumps and rubella and lasts a lifetime. Two doses is all you need and the jab is free from your family doctor or GP.
Most young people in Wales already have the MMRjab. Have you?
Download our leaflets here:
Join the Facebook group at:
- Are You Up To Date With Your Vaccines?
- Measles Can Kill: MMR Could Save Your Life
- Measles Outbreak in Powys — Please Get Vaccinated!