Cardiff City Defeated 3 – 1 by Nottingham Forest

By -
No Comments

On Saturday 20th October 2012, Cardiff City FC were playing Nottingham Forest FC at the Cardiff City Stadium in the Npower Championship.

Cardiff have previously won their last couple of games in the league.

The line-up for Cardiff was:

GK – David Marshall

DEF – Kevin McNaughton
DEF – Mark Hudson
DEF – Matthew Connolly
DEF – Andrew Taylor

MID – Craig Conway
MID – Peter Whittingham
MID – Don Cowie
MID – Aron Gunnarsson

ST – Tommy Smith
ST – Heidar Helguson

At 2.15pm the teams were out on the pitch warming up ready for an exciting game.

As always, the Cardiff fans were all up shouting and singing for their team.

At 2.55pm the teams walked out of the tunnel and were ready to go.

At 3.00pm the ref blew his whistle to start the game. The referee was Darren Drysdale aged 41.

The game started off with Cardiff enjoying the majority of the possession and with a brilliant cross from Don Cowie it was nearly 1 – 0 Cardiff after Nottingham Forest’s keeper saved a brilliant header from Cardiff’s Tommy Smith.

At the 25th minute Nottingham Forest’s Andy Reid made a brilliant shot which David Marshall could not stop, and it was 1-0 Forest.

With Nottingham Forest in the lead there was another defensive mix up for Cardiff which let Nottingham Forest’s Daniel Snchez Ayala through and made it 2 – 0.

It was growing closer to half-time and Cardiff had several chances to equalise before half-time.

The 4th official added two minutes of injury time on to the first half.

The second half began with Nottingham Forest in the lead.

At the 47th minute Nottingham Forest’s Billy Sharp broke through the Cardiff City defence to make it a 3 – 0 lead.

It was time for Cardiff to make two changes with Aron Gunnarsson to come off for Rudy Gestede and Craig Conway to come off for Craig Noone.

Then, at the 74th minute, Cardiff’s Heidar Helguson hit a fantastic strike which made it 3 – 1 on the scoreboard.

As full time was growing closer Cardiff fans were starting to leave as they assumed the game was over for them, but with Don Cowie making a brilliant cross which got the fans on the edge of their seats Cardiff were inches away from making it 3 – 2.

Full time had come and fans from both teams were on their feet applauding and cheering for their teams after a full 90 minutes of hard work and dedication.

Cardiff’s next fixture is against Watford on Tuesday 23rd October at the Cardiff City Stadium. KO 7.45PM.


All Articles