Children can learn to swim for free or try free indoor activities in Rhondda Cynon Taf’s leisure centres during the Easter 2010 half-term holidays.
Youngsters aged 16 and under and their families can enjoy a packed programme of free leisure activities from Monday, March 29-Thursday April 1, 2010, then from Tuesday, April 6-Friday, April 9, 2010.
Juniors can swim for free between 11am and 4.30pm on those dates during the school holidays at all swimming pools within RCT. Up to two adults and three children can swim for free as a family group between 11am and 5.30pm. All pools in the Rhondda, Cynon and Taf areas will also offer free swimming lessons.
Some leisure centres will be offering activities on Good Friday and Easter Monday please check with your local centre to find out what’s available and when.
Highlights of the fortnight include:
- Free use of indoor facilities at Llantwit Fardre Leisure Centre, Church Village, for football, squash and badminton.
- Badminton, five-a-side football and netball in the main sports hall at Hawthorn Leisure Centre near Pontypridd and free use of Zenith Kids gym during certain hours.
- Diving, snorkelling, canoeing, mini water polo and swimming lessons for children with disabilities at Aberdare Pool.
- Junior learn to swim for beginners, water polo and water skills at Llantrisant Leisure Centre. Badminton, squash, table tennis and Zenith gym (Over 14’s only).
- Rookie lifesaving class, water polo, diving coaching and snorkelling at Rhondda Sports Centre, Ystrad, as well as junior football and squash.
- Netball camp (March 31 only), snorkelling and learn to swim at Rhondda Fach Sports Centre, Tylorstown.
- Swimming lessons at Hawthorn Swimming Pool.
- Snorkelling at Tonyrefail Leisure Centre.
- Canoeing at Bronwydd Pool, Porth.
To find out what’s on and when, please call your local leisure centre. To find your nearest leisure centre or pool, go to www.rhondda-cynon-taf.gov.uk and click on leisure facilities, or call Leisure Services on 01443 400563
Saturdays and Sundays are not included in the free Easter activities programme.